Sunday, April 6, 2008

First and Foremost!

(I'm recreating some of these posts on this blog site. I wanted to give knitting related posts a place all for themselves!)

Wowza!! I did it! I've been seeing so many blogs about knitting that I FINALLY decided to start my own. It's pretty neat to have an ongoing theme/subject to post about, so I'll give a shot!I learned to knit two years ago this month! One of the girls at work taught me, and I have been overwhelminly addicted ever since! She showed me the English way, where you hold the yarn in your right hand, and constantly let go of the needles to wrap the yarn around it. Well, I found the site 'knittinghelp.com' within that very first week and quickly learned how to knit the Continental way by watching the videos. I liked that way a LOT better. It seemed quicker and flowed easier. I now hold the yarn in my left hand, and never let go of the needle. Pretty nifty!I have really enjoyed knitting for others the most. In fact, most of what I knit IS for others!! I will post pictures of everything eventually. I knit for charity, for friends, for relatives, and even for relatives of friends! How funny is that?? OK, that's it for now. I haven't even uploaded my first blog, and I already can't wait to update it!!

No comments: